- Some partial financial assistance is available. Please apply until April 25.
- Program for Oral presentations and Poster presentations is available now.
- Early-bird registration has been extended until March 31, 2019.
( updated March 6, 2019 )
We welcome you the 2019 Rock Dynamics Summit in Okinawa, a specialized conference of the International Society for Rock Mechanics (ISRM) in Nago, Okinawa, Japan. Several workshops and conferences have been held since the rock dynamics commission was established in 2008 by the International Society for Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering (ISRM). Since then, the rock dynamics has become one of the major themes in various regional and international symposia and conferences organized by the ISRM. The 2019 Rock Dynamic Summit in Okinawa is a Specialized International Conference of ISRM and jointly organized by the Rock Dynamics Committee of Japan (Japan Society of Civil Engineers) and Japanese and Turkish National Societies for Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering (JSRM) and supported by the Turkish National Societies for Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering and the International Society for Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering (ISRM). Rock dynamics involves diverse research scopes ranging from earthquake engineering, blasting, impacts, failure as well as the occurrence and prediction of earthquakes. Rock dynamics has wide applications in civil and infrastructural, resources and energy, geological and environmental engineering, geothermal energy, and earthquake hazard management. This topic has become one of the important area of research and engineering activities in Geomechancis and Geoengineering. The 2019 Rock Dynamic Summit in Okinawa is organized to address scientific research as well as engineering applications. On behalf of the organizers of the 2019 Rock Dynamic Summit in Okinawa, we look forward to meeting you in Nago, Okinawa, where to share and to cooperate, with a common goal to advance rock dynamics in May 7-11, 2019.
- Prof. Dr. Ömer AYDANChairman
- Prof. Dr. Takashi KYOYACo-Chairman
- Emeritus Prof. Dr. Toshikazu KAWAMOTOHonorary Chairman
2019 RDS is a specialzed symposium of International Society of Rock Mechancis and Rock Engineering(ISRM) and devoted to topics on the dynamic behavior of rock and rock masses and scientific and engineering applications. The themes include.
Abbreviated Theme Titles
- T1 :Laboratory Testing
- T2 :Strong Motion Simulation
- T3-1 :Rock Foundations
- T3-2 :Underground Structures
- T3-3 :Pylons and Towers
- T3-4 :Rock Slopes
- T3-5 :Masonry Structures and Monuments
- T4 :Induced Seismicity
- T5 :Dynamic Loading and Excavation
- T6 :Blasting and Environmental Issues
- T7-1 :Rockburst / outburst
- T7-2 :Impacts
- T8 :None-destructive Testing
- T9 :Case Histories